Time For Some TRUTH!

8:37 PM Posted by Anonymous
Hello, good people of THE Viking Empire! My name is Skálphæna Ørlygrsdottir, and the wise Björn Ironfist has had the foresight to hire me as a reporter for the Dispatch. While he will continue to report on the news of the day, you can expect from me all the gossipy goodness - with my personal guarantee not to hold back or sugar coat the truth as I see it. Now without further gilding the lily:

Are We Being Snuffed???
Since His Most Imperial and Royal Majesty sent his Deputy Lord Warden to The Outland into the world in order to futher pursue and secure out foreign relations, things have gone rather well. With two exceptions: The Kingdoms of Livlandia and Amokolia. Both nations were sent official communiques on the 15th of Gladsheim (6 November); and aside from a comment in Livlandia about the Deputy Lord Warden's avatar image, neither nation have responded in any official capacity. While a lapse of a few days - perhaps even a week, can be understood and excused - it has now been over a fortnight with no replies! While the Goverment itself has no official opinion on the matter, this reporter would like to say that such behavior kinda sucks.

YAY!!! Stormark Gains a Couple of New Princesses! (/sarcasm)

During his Transformation Day Address on the 24th of Gladsheim (15 November), our noble (and possibly inebriated) Emperor decided it would be great fun to drop a couple more Royals into our collective laps. After making mention of the many (read: VERY many) women he's had the pleasure of bedding, the Emperor stated the following:

There is also another very special lady who very recently came into my life. It is my Beloved Daughter, Æsileif, and I have a surprise for her. I hereby induct this dignified Lady into the House of Ettlingar Freyu and she shall from this day forth be known as Viking Princess Æsileif, Imperial Princess of Gimsøya. The same shall apply to her mother who shall from this day forth be known as Viking Princess Geirbjörg, Imperial Princess of Tjeldøya.


So hooray for us! While I haven't seen much of the Princess Geirbjörg - aside from some paintings and such - I HAVE seen a bit of the Princess Æsileif. She showed up, started spewing on about how she was the Emperor's daughter and all...starts playing the victim and trying to make people both hate her and feel sorry for her at the same time...THEN gets what she wanted all along - brought into the Imperial Household, and ennobled. Hmm...I should check my geneology - maybe the Emperor nailed my mom back in the day, too! In any event, all hail the new Princesses...or something.

I would like to add that it didn't take long for the great (and randy) Björn Ironfist to start panting after Æsileif (she wasn't a Princess yet) as soon as she arrived. Granted, he showed interest in her BEFORE she became a Princess - but now that she's got what she wants, I honestly don't see that whole situation going well for Master Ironfist. The Princess was pretty unbearable prior to her Title-snagging. I shudder to think what she'd be like now!
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.